Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ready?

Hard to believe I will run 16 miles this Saturday, because it seems too far. Also, I don't feel like doing it, but I guess I'll just go to the training site, mill around, then go out with the group and hang out with them until 16 miles have gone by.

How does that saying go about "just showing up" being half the battle, or some such?

My running buddy, Streak, is a blogger here somewhere about her running. We don't know each other REALLY well, but seem to pull each other through the long runs with ease. It certainly reinforces the truism that women are co-operative by nature. (The corollary being that men are competitive.)

The wobbly goal of bettering my last year's marathon time continues to motivate me to show up for the training runs, but the motivation is wearing thin. . . .

Mantras are good. I heard a new one recently about "Afterward" which means to envision yourself post-accomplishment. I have forgotten the good ones I used last year.
Does anyone want to share a mantra?

On-On

3 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

Hey, welcome to my world! I'm terrified about saturday's run! arghhhhhh!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Streak is awesome. I don't know how she manages! it must be her partner who pulls her thru...

"After" and "Onward" are the mantras the blogfather uses. It IS true that I feel better after ... It's the before that's the killer.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

That was Woody Allen about the just showing up quote. I think he was talking about work, or psychoanalysis.
But, hey, if it works for running, whatever!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home